Hi mate, there are many ways to deploy the Apache web server application in Linux. But in this Article, i’ll guide you, the best way to deploy it for Content server/ Document management system. Also will share the idea on sap content server application installation & further back end sap systems configuration in detail.
- Fulfil the Hardware prerequisites.
- RPM packages installation
- Apache dependency libraries deployment
- Apache Web Server installation
- Content_server installation.
- SAP Back end systems configuration
- Content/Apache server start & stop procedures
- For Content Server in Unix, pre-installed Apache(≤2.2.9) web server must & should be available.
- For Apache installation, the below things should be available.
- Required environmental variables should be set as per Hardware & follow the sap note 664384
- Also required RPM packages should be installed
- ANSI C or GNU compiler
- Also need to be configured, required dependency libraries. But these libraries are available by default up to the version 2.2.9.
- Required scripts :
- make install
Step by step Procedure :
- First of all, we need to create the required user like ‘sapcs’ with home directory as ‘/usr/users/sapcs’ or ‘/home/sapcs’. Do not provide the admin rights to prevent unnecessary installations. But don’t use the default directory : ‘/usr/local/’.
- Assign the user to sapsys & sapinst groups.
- If your are trying to install the Cache server as well, then create another user like ‘sapcsc’ with different home directory like ‘/home/sapcsc’.
- Now set the required environmental variable as per the note 664384 in your Unix Hardware. Also make sure that required RPM packages available.
- Now move the downloaded Apache Httpd zip file to respective user home directory. You can unzip files by using below commands.
- gunzip -c httpd-2.4.35.tar.bz2 | tar xvf –
- Make sure that, you have to install the web server separately for both Content & Cache server.
- You can deploy the Apache server with below configuration script.
- ./configure –prefix=/usr/users/sapcs –enable-modshared=MODULE-LIST=most -with-mpm=MPM=prefork -eith-expat=builtin –with-included-apr
- make install
- Install content server with web server home directory as /usr/users/sapcs.
“I hope, this Article is helpful to you. If you like this Article, hit me with Facebook like button & share to your friends. If you have any queries, please drop as a comments as below”