Are you spending more time on personal Computers or Laptops in a day ? Without knowing shortcuts from keyborad keys? And you are not completing your work with in a time on your Computer?
So, some times you may get irritate or struggle to complete the work with in a time. You don’t worry. I’m here , I will try to explain all shortcut keys for Microsoft Windows and as well as Xubuntu with my experience.
General shortcuts keys :
- Ctrl + C – Text or Images copy.
- Ctrl + X – Text or Images cut.
- Ctrl+V – Text or Images paste.
- Alt + Tab(One click on tab) – It’ll show All current opened Windows.
- Alt + Tab(Multi clicks on tab) – It’ll move to the respective Window.
- F5 – Windows or page Refresh purpose.
- Win Key – Start Menu
- Win Key + Tab – Current opened Windows with full view
Level 2 shortcut keys :
- F2 – For Rename purpose.
- Fn + Left Arrow – For Brightness decreasing purpose.
- Fn + Right Arrow -For Brightness increasing purpose.
- End (>>|) – Cursor will move to end of the text of that particular row.
- Home (>/||) – Cursor will move to starting position of the text of that particular row.
- – It is working like a right click of the Mouse.
Level 3 shortcut keys :
- Win Key + E – It will open windows File Explorer (My computer).
- Win Key + Q – It’ll move to the “search the Web or Windows” box.
- Win_Key + D – It’ll show Desktop screen.
- Win Key + 1 or 2 or 3 or ….. – Respective Task bar icon will open.
- Ctrl+B – For Bolt.
- Ctrl+ Z – For Redo.
- Ctrl + Y – For Undo.
Level 4 shortcut keys :
- Ctrl+Alt+Del – For Task Manager.
- Shift + Del – It’ll delete the selected file permanently.
- ‘A’ Key – It’ll change the display video screen ratio of VLC media player and may others also.
- F10 – It’ll select the File Explorer “Menu bar”.
- Alt + F4 – It’ll close the current window.
- F8 – For Execution purpose.
For CHROME Browser & All Other Browsers :
- For Google search – Ctrl+E or Ctrl+K or Ctrl + ?
- To switch to next tab – Ctrl + Tab key
- To open respective tab – Ctrl + 1 or 2 or 3 or …
- Ctrl+D – To add the page as bookmark.
- Ctrl + J – It’ll open the Download tab.
- Ctrl + H – It’ll open the History tab.
- Ctrl+P – For print.
- Ctrl + T – For New Tab.
- Ctrl + W – Close the current Tab.
- Ctrl+L – To select the URL.
- Ctrl+N – For New window.
- Ctrl + Minus(-) — Current tab page screen zoom decreasing purpose.
- Ctrl + Equal(=) — Current tab page screen zoom increasing purpose.
- F3 or Ctrl+ F or Ctrl+G – Finding the particular keywords in that current page.
- Ctrl +O – for importing the text or images from file system to chrome.
- Ctrl + Shift + T – It’ll open the last closed tab or last closed all window tabs.
- To quick move from one to other tabs either in forward or backward directions as below :
- For forward direction : Ctrl + tab
- For backward direction : Ctrl + shift + tab
Xubuntu Operating System :
- Alt – System search box will appear.
- Win key + Tab – You can select any task in task bar.
- Ctrl + T – for new tab in browser.
- Ctrl+ W – To close current tab in browser.
- To see the Zimbra mail shortcuts list – Ctrl + Q.
- Hold Win key – To see all Ubuntu shortcuts list and Remaining shortcut keys are same as like Windows.
I hope, this Article may helpful to you. If you have any doubts, let me know as a comment below.